We have BREAKING EMOJI NEWS . . . which is a much bigger deal than it should be, right?
The group that regulates the standard set of emojis is called the Unicode Consortium. They’re going to be meeting in June to discuss 69 new emojis . . . and the mockups for all of them just came out. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. Lots of mythical creatures, including male and female zombies . . . mermaids . . . fairies . . . elves . . . wizards . . . vampires . . . and genies.
2. Some new faces, including one with a shocked look and brain exploding . . . an angry one with symbols that represent cursing covering the mouth . . . a skeptical one with one eyebrow raised . . . and one that’s vomiting.
3. Some new animals, including dinosaurs . . . a hedgehog . . . and a cricket.
4. Some new foods that I’m SHOCKED they didn’t already have, like a sandwich . . . broccoli . . . a pretzel . . . a steak . . . a coconut . . . a pie . . . and a cup with a straw.
5. And an orange heart. Because hearts in every single other color just weren’t enough.
After these emojis are approved, they could be on your phone by the end of the summer.