Posted: 6:57 am Thursday, May 11th, 2017
If we know anything to be true about what mom really want for Mother’s Day, it’s to spend quality time with you. So why not spend time with mom AND save some money this weekend? Check out these Tampa Bay attractions where mom can get in free (with your paid admission, of course. Can’t just send her there alone!!)
As for the moms who want to kick things up a notch like Miguel’s mom would, adult and/or alcoholic choices follow the family friendly options!
• Florida Aquarium has free mom admission 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday with at least one paid guest. $24.95, $22.95 seniors, $19.95 ages 3-12, 2 and younger free. 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa. (813) 273-4000.
• GameTime indoor amusement center in Ybor City offers a free entree or appetizer for moms with the purchase of one entree, appetizer or kids meal. 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday. 1600 E Eighth Ave., Tampa. (813) 241-9675.
• Pirate Water Taxi is giving a free cruise along Tampa’s Riverwalk with a paid fare 11:30 a.m. to midnight Saturday and 1:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday. $18, $10 child. 333 S Franklin St., Tampa. (813) 559-1804.
• Dinosaur World is featuring Maiasaura, a large plant-eating duckbill dinosaur whose name means “good mother dinosaur.” Mom gets in free with one paid child’s admission 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. $16.95, $14.95 seniors, $11.95 ages 3-12, 2 and younger free. 5145 Harvey Tew Road, Plant City. (813) 717-9865.
• Museum of Science and Industry is free 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday with the purchase of one full-priced child’s ticket. $26.95, $25.95 seniors, $20.95 ages 3-12; 2 and younger free. 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 987-6000.
• Lowry Park Zoo has no charge for mom 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday with the purchase of any child’s admission. $32.95, $24.95 ages 3-11, 2 and younger free. 1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa. (813) 935-8552.
• Chihuly Collection has free entry for mothers noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, which includes a new exhibit, “Light Inspires Glass.” $15, $14 seniors, $11 students and children older than 5. 720 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. (727) 896-4527.
• Tampa Bay History Center has free entry for moms, plus arts and crafts for kids 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. $12.95, $10.95 seniors/students with ID, $7.95 ages 4-12, 3 and younger free. 801 Old Water St., Tampa. (813) 228-0097.
• Glazer Children’s Museum has both free admission and pampering in a Mother’s Day Lounge 1-6 p.m. Sunday. Regular admission is $15, $12.50 military/seniors, $9.50 children, under 1 free. 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. (813) 443-3861.
3 Daughters Brewing Take Mom out for a day of shopping. The family- and pet-friendly Vintage Summer Market takes over 3 Daughters with more than 50 vendors, food trucks with holiday menus, photo opportunities, live music and entertainment, local artists, and a kid’s craft area from Creative Clay, among other highlights. Don’t forget to grab one of the special 3 Daughters brews, either. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. 222 22nd St. S., St. Petersburg.
Beach Bar & Restaurant A brunch buffet to enjoy on the waterfront next to the Bay Harbor Hotel. All Moms receive a rose and free mimosa, and multiple food stations are planned, including a seafood bar, one with breakfast and a dessert bar. $34.95 for adults, $14.95 for kids. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 7700 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa, 813-281-8900, beachtampa.com.
Bizou Brasserie Bizou’s chefs have created a decadent all-you-can-eat menu with your favorite lady in mind. Swoon Mom with $6 Bloody Marys and mimosas (after 11 a.m.), sticky bun waffles, veggie frittata, grilled chicken cordon bleu, build-your-own omelet and carving stations, and assorted baked goods. Reservations are strongly recommended, and you can huddle together for a free family photo on the historic Le Méridien steps before or after. $36 for adults; $17 for kids 5-12; free for kids 4 & under. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. 601 N. Florida Ave., Tampa, 813-221-9555, bizoutampa.com.
Brio Tuscan Grille Italian restaurants from Brio around the U.S. open early to cook up an array of holiday features — Sicilian omelets, berries and cream French toast, shrimp and grits, and chicken Sorrentino among them — in addition to regular menu items. Locally, there are locations in Tampa and Sarasota. Reservations, which can be made online, are highly recommended. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 2223 N. West Shore Blvd., Tampa, 813-877-3939, brioitalian.com.
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood Inside the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Mother’s Day dishes include roasted bone marrow, duck confit, Alaskan king salmon and white chocolate bread pudding. 4-9 p.m. 5223 Orient Road, Tampa, 813-627-7600, seminolehardrocktampa.com.
Daily Eats One free mimosa for Mom and temporary “MOM” tattoos for the kids. Ciccio Restaurant Group’s other eateries are also featuring similar offers, which diners can check out via the Facebook event page. But those snagging brunch at Daily Eats, Green Lemon, The Lodge and Fresh Kitchen can also enter the CRG holiday photo contest (take a selfie showing off your temporary ink and tag the picture with #MomsAreBeautiful and the restaurant location) for a chance to win a $100 gift card that’s redeemable at any location. Four winners are planned. 11 a.m.-10 p.m. 901 S. Howard Ave., Tampa, 813-868-3335, ilovedailyeats.com.
Del Frisco’s Grille The Tampa location for this casual American bar and grill has upscale comfort food dishes for brunch and lunch in store, including Mom-osas with rosé and strawberries, crab-stuffed lobster tail and six-layer lemon cake. May 13 & 14. 4138 W. Boy Scout Blvd., Tampa, 813-878-6890, delfriscosgrille.com.
Fresh Harvest A special all-day buffet of fig balsamic-glazed duck, seared salmon, mini rack of lamb and bourbon-glazed slow-smoked ribs, as well as hot and cold desserts. $45. 10 a.m.-10 p.m. 5223 N. Orient Road, Tampa, 813-627-7625, seminolehardrocktampa.com.
Hurricane Seafood Restaurant Spend Mother’s Day on the beach with this Pass-A-Grille icon. There’s a breakfast station and carving station, raw bar, dessert table and selection of Hurricane entrees (think baked snapper with Champagne sauce and chicken Marsala) in it for you and the fam. Reservations are required. $29.99 for adults, $12.99 for kids 6-12. 809 Gulf Way, St. Pete Beach, 727-360-9558, thehurricane.com.
Iberian Rooster Specials on brunch items like eggs Benedict and the Mother and Child Reunion (buttermilk cornmeal fried chicken breast, sunny-side-up eggs, green goddess waffle, harissa maple syrup), alongside dinner options like grilled flatbread and Goan fish curry. Call for reservations. 9 a.m.-9 p.m. 475 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, 727-258-8753, iberianrooster.com.
Mattison’s City Grille Make the drive to the heart of downtown Sarasota for chef Paul Mattison’s favorites: New Zealand rack of lamb and salmon gremolata. Moms score a complimentary glass of prosecco, and live music kicks off at 7 p.m. Reservations can be made by phone. 11 a.m.-10 p.m. 1 N. Lemon Ave., Sarasota, 941-330-0440, mattisons.com.
Pelagia Trattoria Make Mother’s Day relaxing over a meal at this fine-dining International Plaza restaurant. Executive chef Brett Gardiner has his popular a la carte menu planned, showcasing everything from seafood dishes and breakfast classics with a twist to grilled entrees and desserts worth indulging in. Seating is limited, and reservations — which are recommended — can be made online or by phone. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 4200 Jim Walter Blvd., Tampa, 813-313-3235, pelagiatrattoria.com.
Rooster & the Till Another installment of Rooster’s pop-up brunch called Word to Your Mother, of course. DJ Mes provides the sounds, while Eric Foster spearheads the bar’s boozy creations. Snag a seat while you still can by phone. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 6500 N. Florida Ave., Tampa, 813-374-8940, roosterandthetill.com.